Duration: 3 days
Number of participants: recommended minimum 4, maximum 12
The main objective of the course is to provide basic information about the structure, functions and operation principle in the GSM network and relation between GSM nodes. The course will help participants to understand more advanced training about mobile network and radio communication. The course offers a comprehensive overview of radio interface and problems that can occur on the radio transmission.
Course consists of following subjects:
- History of mobile telecommunication systems
- The evolution of services in mobile systems from 1G to 4G
- Architecture of GSM Network and functionality of each node in the network
- 2G radio interface, distortions propagation and method of counteracting the problems on radio interface
- Digital voice processing
- Logic channels divided into two groups: control channels and traffic channel
- GPRS and EDGE packet transmission
- ID numbers in GSM Systems
- Traffic cases – practical implementation of transmission in the GSM Network
Course is intended for those who will make use the GSM knowledge in their work and also those who want to expand their knowledge of 2G mobile communication.
Participants should have a basic technical knowledge of telecommunications.
The course is based on theoretical lessons supported by a quiz and active discussion.