EPS – 4G System
Duration: 2 days
Number of participants: recommended minimum 4, maximum 12
The “EPS – 4G system” is a course which aims to present the architecture and functionality of the Evolved Packet System, which is to be successor of, for example, UMTS/HSPA and CDMA2000 technologies. On completion of this course, participants will have gained the following knowledge about the EPS system:
- EPS system architecture and node functions (e.g.: eNB, MME, S-GW, P-GW, PCRF, HSS)
- Interworking with 3GPP and non-3GPP access networks
- EPS dedicated UE identifiers and Tracking Area concept
- LTE radio interface (OFDMA, SC-FDMA and MIMO basis)
- Overview of LTE channel organization
- QoS model for EPS (EPS Bearer concept and PCC for EPS)
- Speech calls vs. EPS (solutions overview)
- Security mechanisms in EPS
- Example traffic cases
- LTE Advanced – a look ahead
Professionals in the field of telecommunications who require general knowledge about the Evolved Packet System. This course will be valuable for employees from different teams and domains who want to start working with LTE/SAE or need to refresh their current knowledge of this subject.
The course will be more beneficial for people with a general knowledge of 2G/3G mobile networks and telecommunications in general.
The course is presentation-based.