Ericpol in favour of innovations in Europe
13 July 2011
Ericpol is planning to establish recommendations concerning European initiatives through an active participation in European Intersectoral Summit on Research and Innovation in Krakow, on the 26th-27th of September. The main goal of the Summit is to develop strong and competitive European research area.
At the first day of the Summit in Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Jan Smela, Executive President of Ericpol Telecom is going to deliver a speech during session concerning the biggest challenges, that Europe has to cope with in future and the meaning of scientific research and innovation.
‘On the basis of 20 years of operations on international market and successful competing with companies from Asia or USA, I think that such discussion at all-European level is crucial for a constant building of competitive edge’, says Jan Smela.
As a company operating on ICT market in the fast changing technology area, Ericpol is representing at the Summit Polish business and economy. Jan Smela’s participation in the meeting proves company’s commitment in the initiatives strengthening both Polish and European economy and innovations area. All the participants will focus on definite ideas and recommendations related to promotion of the European R&D environment competitiveness.
- Michelangelo Baracchi Bonvicini, President of Atomium Culture
- Valéry Giscard d’Estaing, Honorary President of Atomium Culture
- Bronislaw Komorowski, President of the Republic of Poland
- Jerzy Buzek, President of the European Parliament
- Allan Larsson, Chairman of Lund University, Member of the Advisory Board of Atomium Culture, former Swedish Minister for Finance
- Felipe González Márquez, Former Prime Minister of Spain
- Androulla Vassiliou, Commissioner for Education, Culture, Multilingualism and Youth
- Prof. Karlheinz Töchterle, Austrian Federal Minister of Science and Research
- Anna Diamantopoulou, Minister for Education, Lifelong Learning and Religious Affairs, Greece
- Geoff Mulgan, Strategic Adviser of Atomium Culture, Chief Executive of NESTA (National Endowment for Science Technology and the Arts)
- Laurent Wauquiez, Minister for Higher Education and Research, France
- University, business and media representatives (Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, El Pais, Rzeczpospolita, The Independent, Le Monde)
The discussions on the research and innovations influence on the European’s future will be carried in three areas:
- Making Europe ready for the Grand Challenges (e.g. an aging society problem, running out of natural resources and water supplies, pollution)
- Changing the research landscape through ICTs
- Competing in the global race for innovation
The Summit organised by the Permanent Platform of Atomium Culture together with the Polish Presidency of the Council of the European Union, the European Commission andthe European Parliament will produce a formal document – the AC-Krakow Declaration – that will formalize the conclusions of the Summit and include some key recommendations of what needs to be done at a European level in order to foster the development of a strong and competitive European Research Area and knowledge economy, supported by the leading European universities, newspapers and businesses.
Following the shared recommendations expressed during the presentation of the Vision on European Research and Innovation 2020 held at the European Parliament on the 18th of May 2010 and in line with what was expressed during this event by the President of the European Parliament Mr Jerzy Buzek and the Commissioner for Research, Innovation and Science Mrs Máire Geoghegan-Quinn, the European Intersectoral Summit on Research and Innovation intends to put Research and Innovation at the centre of the political agenda and, at the same time, at the centre of the public debate. With the aim to initiate a virtuous cycle in the direction of a strong and competitive Europe, the Summit will address what can be done concretely to further favour a stronger intersectoral cooperation at a European level in favour of research and innovation.
For more information click here.
The Permanent Platform of Atomium Culture, was launched publicly by the former French President Valéry Giscard d’Estaing and Michelangelo Baracchi Bonvicini, currently Honorary President and President of AC, on the 27 November 2009 at the European Parliament in Brussels. The Permanent Platform of Atomium Culture brings together some of the most authoritative universities, newspapers and businesses in Europe in the first intersectoral platform for the selection (universities), knowledge transfer (universities-businesses) and dissemination (universities-businesses-newspapers) of leading European research, to increase the movement of knowledge: across borders, across sectors and to the public at large.
Ericpol Telecom Sp. z o.o. is an engineering company that has been operating on international ICT market since 1991. The company provides outsourcing and consulting services as well as dedicated solutions in telecommunications, M2M (Machine to Machine) communications, UX (User experience), healthcare and business solutions area. The Ericpol Group consists of three offices in Poland and three production centres in Ukraine, Belarus and Sweden, employing over 1000 highly qualified engineers. Ericpol provides highly qualified and experienced staff working on complex projects that require fast and precise measures. Ericpol offers the best quality services, taking up full responsibility for the software lifecycles.